Dear Omega parents and students,
In response to the COVID-19 efforts state-wide, we will be making some temporary modifications to our regular class schedule to create smaller class sizes. We are and will continue to follow the recommendations of the Utah County Health Department, Nebo School District, and the Utah State Governor.
Yesterday, Governor Herbert released some recommendations regarding large gatherings:
- “Limit mass gatherings to less than 100, including church meetings, concerts, and conferences. This does not apply to schools or businesses.”
- “Those over the age of 60 and those with compromised immune systems should avoid gatherings of more than 20 people.”
- And “If you are sick, stay home. If you can work from home, do so.”
For the full article, click here: https://kslnewsradio.com/1921059/covid-19-schools-utah/
Omega Regular Class Schedules:
Weekly class schedules are being reviewed to make smaller class sizing. Please expect an email on Monday and check our website on Monday to see when your class time(s) have changed. If the current state of health in our local area changes we will modify again as recommended.
Please, please be courteous and follow the Utah Department of Health guidelines listed below. Please also wash your hands and feet before attending class. In addition, we know you love watching your students in class, but if you are feeling unwell please drop and pick up your student instead of coming inside. For ALL students “if you are sick, stay home” per the Governor.
As always, the health and safety of our Omega students and instructors are our primary goal. If students wish to periodically miss classes due to feeling sick or for any other reason, Omega will always allow free make-up classes for times that are missed. Please communicate with Kwanjangnim Richard or Janae Miller in the office about the class times you with to miss.
Please contact your Omega school’s office in Springville, Pleasant Grove and Salem for scheduling questions or concerns.
As you may have noticed over this last weekend, we did an extensive deep clean of our floors and restrooms. The concrete has been scrubbed and wax. The workout floor was disinfected and scrubbed twice through and we tested out power-washing the mats (which was a huge success). We typically disinfect the floors 2-3 times per week, but will be increasing this. In addition there are Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer available for all to use at the front desk and in the office.
UTAH DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RECOMMENDATIONS
Additional information on the best ways to reduce the risk of getting this or any viral respiratory infection include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Do not bring your student to school or come to work at school if you have cold or flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature, fever, cough, shortness of breath).
The Utah Department of Health has extensive information on their website to address questions from the public. If you have questions regarding the Coronavirus, including how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, you may want to visit the Utah Department of Health website: https://health.utah.gov/
For the most up-to-date information, it is recommended that you visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. You will be taken to their website if you click the following link: https://www.cdc.gov/