1. ALWAYS SHOW COURTESY & RESPECT TO YOURSELF, TO OTHER STUDENTS, & TO THE STUDIO.
- Always be kind to yourself & to others. Everyone is learning & is not perfect… yet.
- Bow when you enter & leave the studio doors – This action puts your mind in a state of learning.
- Bow when you walk on & off the mat – The mat is sacred space for learning & growing.
- Address your Instructors by their respective title &/or by saying “Yes Ma’am” or “Yes Sir”.
- Develop a feeling of ownership for the studio & PLEASE keep it clean!
2. THE OMEGA STUDIO IS A PHYSICALLY & EMOTIONALLY SAFE PLACE TO PRACTICE MARTIAL ARTS – OUR ACTIONS SHOULD REFLECT THIS.
- Do not judge or speak unkind words to or about any other Students or Instructors – EVER!
- Do not compare yourself to other students – Your marital art journey is YOURS.
- Celebrate each other’s accomplishments & be supportive when other students need help.
- If an issue arises, please speak only to those who are involved & to the Head Instructor.
- There is a proper time & place to use, or not use, your martial arts – Understand & learn the difference.
3. HAVE A WILLING, TEACHABLE, & HUMBLE ATTITUDE TOWARDS LEARNING MARTIAL ARTS.
You have come to Omega Martial Arts to learn and to grow. In order for growth to happen, your attitude needs to reflect your desire.
- Remember, EVERYONE starts out their martial art journey as a White Belt.
- It is alright & expected to feel uncomfortable & out of your element – You will NOT grow otherwise.
- Making mistakes are opportunities to grow – They are NOT a reflection of who you are.
- Martial Arts can always be taught & learned – A good attitude is a choice & comes from within.
- What you constantly give energy towards – GROWS!
Other Important Rules:
- Every student is required to wear their uniform while practicing martial arts; in the warmer months, students may wear Omega T-Shirts only (instead of uniform tops). Students are not to wear their uniforms as costumes or pajamas.
- Students are not to wear their belts outside the studio, except for approved martial art events.
- Students should exercise care to keep their dobok clean at all times. It is important to show respect to your uniform and yourself at all times.
- There is no smoking inside the studio or anywhere on Omega Martial Arts property.
- There is no swearing or use of any other profane language or actions in the studio or on Omega Martial Arts property.
- No wearing of shoes, eating, drinking, or chewing gum while on the training floor.
- While inside the studio, cell phones are be turned to vibrate or off mode.