Saturday, April 22, 2017
Tournament begins at 8:30 AM
Where: Merit Academy, 1440 W Center, Springville, UT 84663
Come join us in a day full of fun, excitement, and great martial art competition! There are many great reasons to participate in a tournament, including:
- IT IS FUN!! Competing in martial arts is a great way to take martial art training to a different level and it gives your student a boost of excitement to push farther.
- The tournament focuses on performing your very best AND seeing how you do when lined up next to others in your same rank and age.
- We hold teaching style tournaments, so you and your students will know why and how a call is made.
- You will learn good tournament protocol when you compete in the future at other events.
- It is low cost compared to most martial art tournaments. The cost is only $35 to compete (most martial art tournaments range from $65 to $100).
- It will be local here in Springville. You don’t have to travel to a far away place to compete!
– TRADITIONAL FORMS
– TRADITIONAL WEAPONS (Green Belt and Above)
– POINT STYLE SPARRING (Required Gear: Head, Hand, & Feet Pads, Mouth Guard, Athletic Cup (Boys))
– FLAG SPARRING (Required Gear: Mouth Guard)
– PADDED SWORD FIGHTING (Chinbara): (Required Gear: Head Gear, Mouth Guard)
– POWER BREAKING (Required Gear: Any Type of Hand Pad)
We have awards in all Divisions and Brackets for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and competitor medals
FOR KIDS ONLY – a participation medal will be awarded for those that do not place in the top 3 places.
Lunch Catered by: Bandara Brisket
Serving from 11:00-1:00 during the tournament
They will be offering a limited menu of their fresh smoked meats and dishes! Plate pricing varies.
** NEW REVISED SCHEDULE **
8:30 AM TOURNAMENT OPENING CEREMONIES
You will perform every event you registered for during your Division Group. Divisions are divided by belt rank, age and gender (if needed).
The divisions will be called up in order of Low to High Belt and Youngest to Oldest. We aim to have 6 rings/divisions running at a time. Please plan accordingly for your child’s age group.
There may be a little wait time before your group begins as we wait for the next group to end. Please plan accordingly. Make sure to bring all sparring gear (head, hand, feet, cup, and mouth guards). If you do not have sparring gear, a limited supply will be offered for use at the tournament. (No sharing of cups or mouth guards).
BEGINNER (White Belts to Sr. Yellow Belts) – Over 27 divisions registered! Please be patient as you wait for your child’s division to begin.
Check In: 7:45 – 8:15 AM
Competition: 8:30 – 11:30 AM
INTERMEDIATE (Green Belts to Blue Belts)
Check In: 11:00 – 11:30 AM
Competition: 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
ADVANCED (All Red Belts)
Check In: 1:00 – 1:30 PM
Competition: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Awards will be presented immediately following each group’s division on the medals platform.
We have awards in all Divisions and Brackets for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and competitor medals. FOR KIDS ONLY – a participation medal will be awarded for those that do not place in the top 3 places.