AGES 4 – 5
Our Little Dragons Program is an excellent introduction to Martial Arts. This program offers an age appropriate curriculum for 4 & 5 year olds to develop focus, teamwork, discipline, fitness, memory, coordination, control and balance. Classes are fast paced to hold their attention and packed with running, jumping, rolling and flying so kids will never get bored.
What Little Dragons Learn
By the time they graduate Little Dragons, your child will have experienced the following elements of martial arts and life lessons:
– Physical: balance, coordination, fitness, control, basic motor skills
– Mental: meditation, focus, memory, discipline
– Sport Combinations: basic kicks, punches, blocks, and stances
– Self Defense: wrist and shoulder grabs
– Judo/Tumbling: front fall, back fall, front roll, front roll jump front snap kick
– Demos: free forms with moves learned set to music
– Life Skills: kindness/courtesy, respect, memory, sharing/happiness, teamwork, integrity/dependability, cooperation, and honesty
– Emotional: confidence, leadership, positive “can do” attitude
– Language: counting to 10 in Korean, plus several other basic Korean words
– Safety Skills: Stranger Danger at home and in public, Bully Awareness, Neighborhood Awareness
(This program is ONLY offered at the Springville School)
Omega Martial Arts every student begins as a white belt. Throughout the Little Dragons Program students will periodically have opportunities to advance in rank. Rank advancement occurs when a student has learned and practiced (many times) the required techniques pertaining to that rank. Practice is crucial to a student’s success in martial arts.
Each and every rank is divided into four specific sections of techniques: Basics and Kick Combinations, Sport Combinations, Self Defense, and Forms. Within each of these sections contains 2-4 techniques a student needs to learn. Once they learn the techniques, students will then be required to perform these techniques without the help of the instructor. Once a student can do this he/she will receive a colored stripe; this helps the instructor and the students track their individual progression. The following is a list of the sections and their respective stripe color:
– Basics & Kick Combinations – Red Stripe
– Sport Combinations – Blue Stripe
– Self Defense – Green Stripe
– Forms – Black Stripe
– Overall Review – Purple Stripe
OMEGA BELT RANKS
BELTS OBTAINED THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAM
Once a student earns all of the above stripes, he/she is ready to test. A test will consist of the student performing all the required techniques on their rank advancement sheet without complications. If a student is able to do this successfully, they will receive their next belt. Tests will be held periodically when a group of students are ready. Students are to wear their white uniforms when testing. A note will be sent home prior to the test date letting you know all the details. A test fee will be required on or before the test day.
WHAT WE TEACH
We teach a hybrid of martial art styles in order to create a well-rounded martial artist; including
- Jiu Jitsu
- Okinawan Weaponry
- Self Defense
ACHIEVING NEW NINJA DREAMS
Our LITTLE DRAGONS QUICKLY LEARN confidence, coordination, discipline, focus, teamwork, control and more.